J-villers* are invited to the May meeting of JCA – 7:30pm to 9pm on Wednesday 30 may 2018 at Johnsonville Community Centre.
On the agenda this month:
- Project to improve (and even beautify!!) the underpass southbound entrance to the Ngauranga Gorge road. Look at it: right now, it’s ugly, dark, and dangerous. It should be nice, bright and safe!
- Restoring WCC provision of Youth Facilities in Johnsonville. Wellington city Council has demolished the only two dedicated facilities for youth in Johnsonville — the Youth Room in the Community Centre, and the basketball court that backed onto the Keith Spry pool, What can we do to persuade Council to make good? One of our local councillors, Jill Day, may like to comment?
- Improving consenting processes for developments
- WCC Grants — including next Steps for the massive and monumental Totara Park walking track project. Might also organise the next Grubbers Club working bee.
JCA meetings are a great place to meet locals seeking to improve Johnsonville, and the best place to find out what is really going on with local issues. City Council Northern Ward councillors often attend, and occasionally Mayor Justin Lester (a local) drops in. (No guarantees, but you never know!) WCC liaison staff or officials attend as required.
- When: JCA meets at 7.30pm on the last Wednesday of every month. Our meetings usually finish by 9pm, and there’s no problem if people need to depart earlier.
- Where: We usually meet in the Johnsonville Community Centre, Room 2 (ground floor, to the right past reception).
All members of the Johnsonville community — residents, business owners, clubs, societies — are automatically deemed Ordinary Members of JCA, entitled to attend and participate. Any ordinary member may pay a subscription of at least one gold coin per year, thereby instantly transmogrify into a Financial Member and acquire the right to vote at any meeting.
* What SHOULD we call people from round here?